Ginger Gaffer FC hit Spandau Pele for six

The latest local sports news.
The latest local sports news.

There has been action aplenty in this week’s Horncastle Six-A-Side League...

Bantalona 1 OGFC 4

A great counter for OGFC gave them the lead after two minutes, before a good chance for Bantalona to equalise, following a defensive mistake, saw Dan Wood slice wide.

Bantalona continued the pressure with a further chance in search for an equaliser.

At the other end, Graham Fidling made a great save low down and then, with the last chance of the half, OGFC hit the bar as the game reached half time 1-0.

In the second half, Dan Wood shot from distance, but it went wide.

A combination of good saves from Fidling and an effort put wide kept it at 1-0 until OGFC grabbed the second when a delicately effort was nipped past Fidling and trickled in.

Two further goals essentially put the contest beyond Bantalona, but they did grab a consolation when Ross Dryburgher made it 1-4.

Ollie Harvey-Avery was given the man of the match award for an excellent performance for his team.

Ginger Gaffer 6

Spandau Pele 0

In a fast start for Gaffers, Harwood fired wide early on before Paul Danut hit the post with early pressure.

Ollie Cranfield put wide and then forced a great save, until he finally grabbed the first goal with a low strike.

Jack Harwood made it 2-0 with an effort from distance where the keeper was blindsided.

Rich Hall finally responed for Spandau Pele following a one-sided start and forced a save from Taylor.

Blake Kenneally-Forrester forced a shot in from a corner for goal number three, which went through the keeper’s legs and immediately scored his second and the teams fourth for a superb 4-0 half time lead.

Blake then completed his hat-trick in the first minute of the second half and the man of the match then shot wide as he looked for his fourthth.

Dan Burn continued the onslaught as he hammered the post, whilst Harwood and Ollie Cranfield had great one-on-one chances but couldn’t convert.

With almost the last kick of the game, however, Ollie Cranfield grabbed his second and the teams sixth goal for 6-0 in a comprehensive performance against a shell shocked Spandau Pele.

Beercelona 2 RAFCATS 0

Jay Peterson raced out of the traps for Beercelona in the first minute and drilled low for the opener.

RAFCATS came back into the game with nice touches but didn’t make the keeper work as Sam Smith put wide on a couple of occasions.

The second half saw Peterson shoot wide as they looked for their second but he didnt have to wait long as Peterson scored his second and the team’s second goal following a break out wide and a contentious byline decision.

From this point the game became more heated as Tony Scammel was booked for persistent infringements whilst Dale Moody and Sam Smith squared up to each other and also received yellow cards as frustrations boiled over for RAFCATS.

Nathan Wilkinson fired wide for Beercelona before Jim Sharples forced Sean Gilbody into two good saves.

It was not to be for RAFCATS, who found Beercelona in good form with a good defensive performance.

There was a man of the match award for Jay Peterson as they diligently saw out a solid 2-0 win.

Ivory Toast 3

Tekkerslovakia 1

Tekkers started well and forced a good save from keeper Allan Johnson early on.

However, Ivory Toast showed great spirit and had a good chance themselves in an even start to the game.

Josh Beresford was a key player from Tekkerslovakia and was lively throughout.

He had a great strike from an tight angle tipped over by Johnson for a corner.

The game, however, began to swing in Ivory Toast’s favour as man of the match Matt Lee had a number of good strikes denied by the Tekkers keeper.

It was no surprise to see Ivory Toast take the lead when a Tekkers defender stepped into their own area and Jack Whitt gleefully took the penalty and scored for 1-0.

It became 2-0 immediately after and then shortly later a comfortable half time lead became 3-0 when Matt Lee broke through and finished into the top corner.

Tekkerslovakia showed some fighting spirit in the second half and Beresford broke fast and forced a shot wide.

Matt Lee hit a superb strike that was heading for the top corner until the keeper palmed wide.

As the game became stretched, there was a great chance for Jack Whitt who somehow missed with no one around him.

As a consolation, Josh Beresford did get one back to make it 1-3.

Both teams benefited with their 5-0 wins but credit to Toast who put in an excellent performance against a very good team.