Kirton Town Reserves' Jack McCheecham and Jamie Green of Billinghay Reserves do battle. Photo: David Dawson.
Kirton Town Reserves' Jack McCheecham and Jamie Green of Billinghay Reserves do battle. Photo: David Dawson.

Neil Johnson rounds up this week’s action...

Taylors Garages Premier Division

A Sam Jackson hat-trick helped Ruskington Rovers to a comfortable 4-1 home win against an out-of-form Benington in the Taylors Garages Premier Division.

Ashley Farmer grabbed the other goal.

Strikes either side of half-time put Ruskington in control before they were reduced to 10 men after an incident which saw Benington score through a Gavin Bell penalty.

Two breakaway goals in the final 10 minutes then secured Ruskington’s victory as Benington failed to make their extra player count.

Skegness Town Reserves and Boston College shared the points following a 3-3 draw.

Dan Field, Kurt Crossley and Charlie Arabin were on target for Skegness.

There was another draw at Wyberton where their reserve side drew 2-2 with Coningsby.

Shane Brackenbury and Richard Barker helped secure a point for Wyberton.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Tyler Bobb struck two goals for Freiston in their 4-2 home win against Swineshead Reserves in the Taylors Peugeot Division One.

Reece Lovelace and Ty Fravigar also got on the score-sheet for Freiston while Giles Favell hit both of the Swineshead goals.

Railway Athletic hit six away at Old Doningtonians as they warm-up for the big clash this Saturday with Fulbeck, knowing that victory would seal the title.

Mark Sharman had given the Dons the lead when he scored from a 30-yard free-kick, but their joy was short-lived as Railway’s response was quick and emphatic with two quickfire goals.

Firstly, a header from Nicky Frost found the net, and then Jake Portas lofted a free kick forward from just inside the opposition half, and it somehow managed to find its way in at the back post to give the visitors a 2-1 interval lead.

The game was then put to bed in the second half in fine style with Portas and Frost adding further goals while Kamar Yeatman and Leon Creasey sealed a 6-1 win to complete an excellent afternoon for Railway.

Fulbeck remain in contention at the top of the table following a 4-0 home win against a stuttering Kirton Town side.

Will Allen’s double and further goals from Chris Bates and Paul Crampton secured a comfortable victory.

Fishtoft and Woodhall Spa provided an even game which was settled by a second half strike.

Fishtoft found themselves trailing midway through the first half after starting brightly when Woodhall scored with a close range strike.

This spurred Fishtoft on further and an equaliser soon came through a well-taken Matty Hood finish.

The second half was much the same with Fishtoft dominating possession but unable to find a way through a resilient Woodhall Spa defence.

Then, just like the first half, Woodhall broke away and grabbed a second goal.

But this time, despite applying further pressure, Fishtfoft couldn’t find a way through and Woodhall claimed all three points.

Horncastle Town Reserves left FC Kirton with the points following a 2-1 victory.

Taylors Ford Division Two

In the Taylors Ford Division Two, Wrangle pulled off the day’s big surprise when they defeated leaders Sibey 3-1 at home with goals from Chris Jackson, Stefan Baler and Bobby Smith.

Mark Smith and Shane George hit the Pointon Reserves goals in their 2-1 home win against Boston International.

Diogo Garcia also scored two when FC Hammers returned home from Spilsby Town Reserves with all three points following a 3-1 away win.

Matt Howden hit the other Hammers goal while Tom Pickett replied for the home side.

Park United took the lead on 15 minutes in their game at Coningsby Reserves when Jimmy Harris put in a cross from the right wing and Alex Limb timed his run to perfection, slotting the ball calmly past the keeper. 

The score stayed that way until the hour mark minute when Tom Limb doubled Park’s lead, beating the Coningsby keeper from a very acute angle. 

Coningsby scored a consolation goal in the last few minutes through Carl Blackburn, but Park stood firm and thoroughly deserved the 2-1 victory.

Kirton Town Reserves and Billinghay Reserves were involved in a 3-3 draw at Graves Park.

Darren Tate hit two of the Kirton goals while Matt Tyrell grabbed the other.

Billinghay’s goals came from Scott Wiles, Archie Smith and Adam Newton.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

Leverton Reserves travelled to Boston College Reserves in their penultimate game of the Taylors Vauxhall Division Three season, missing several players through injury.

Fielding a couple of first teamers, they begun the game strongly and saw the better of the possession and chances.

Their continued pressing paid off soon into the game when Joe Wood intercepted a goal kick, calmly took it round two defenders and slotted past the keeper.

College saw some good spells with a couple of close chances and some good moves being created through Christian Parker, but it was Leverton who struck again with a long-range effort from Nathan Rippin.

With the away side’s defence staying solid, a third goal came when some good attacking work found its way to Joe Wood, who slotted across goal for his second of the game.

The second half saw chances for both sides with College’s Lucas Wright causing the visitors’ defence problems and Damian Gibbons almost scoring two for Leverton, but he was thwarted by a couple of great saves from Troy Newton.

However, a solid Leverton defence, led by goalkeeping relic Giles Elson, managed to keep a clean sheet and was well supported by Olly Maltby, who put in a fine captain’s performance.

Northgate Olympic hit six goals away at Fosdyke Reserves, with Ryan Smith scoring twice.

Alex Yates, Neil Christian, Mark Davis and Jake Ellis were also on target for the visitors.

BB insure Willoughby Shield

Friskney’s Bogdan Bredeanu was involved in all three goals for his team in their BB insure Willoughby Shield 3-1 away win at Premier side Billinghay Athletic in a quarter-final tie.

Bredeanu provided the cross for Andy Carter to score Friskney’s first, which brought the scores level at the break following Adam Underwood-Harley’s opener.

Bredeanu then scored the second himself before setting up Bob Jackson for the final goal to bring about a minor shock for the Division Two outfit.

Swineshead booked their place in the final after victory against fellow Premier Division title challlengers Spilsby Town.

Chris Wing, Kieran Rose, Alex Snaith and Jack Houghton hit the goals for Swineshead while Jordan Smith replied for Spilsby in a 4-1 scoreline.