Fosdyke's Alex Barletta tangles with Spa's Tom Avison.
Fosdyke's Alex Barletta tangles with Spa's Tom Avison.

Neil Johnson rounds up the latest Boston Saturday League news...

Taylors Garages Premier Division

Marv Jolly battles with Chris Hall.

Marv Jolly battles with Chris Hall.

Heckington Millers finally ended their poor run with a 2-1 home win over Fishtoft.

After the Heckington keeper had thwarted Fishtoft on three occasions with some fine saves, Kane Brown gave The Millers the lead with a neat finish in what was an evenly contested first half.

Fishtoft equalised straight after the break when Ryan Mason’s perfectly timed run and header found the net and the remainder of the game was an end to end affair until 10 minutes from time when a great block on the edge of the penalty area by a Fishtoft defender saw Dom Kew pounce upon the loose ball to fire home.

Heckington then held onto their slender lead for the remainder of the match to earn a hard-fought victory. 

Kirton Town received a much-needed boost as they continue their battle to move away from the relegation zone.

A 5-4 away win at Billinghay Athletic was just the tonic they needed as they prepare for their next big game - a difficult home match against title-chasing Spilsby Town.

They left it late last Saturday in a real topsy-turvy battle.

The signs were not good for Kirton as they trailed 3-0 to the home side, who were boosted by the return of star striker Jac Wright, before the visitors pulled a goal back through Ash Davies.

Wright struck a hat-trick on his return while Adam Brett also got on the scoresheet.

Kirton continued to believe in themselves and slowly they clawed their way back into the match, turning it on its head to lead 4-3 following two goals from Martin Durrant and Chris Hilton.

Billinghay looked to have rescued a point, however, when they levelled the scores with just five minutes left.

But there was still time for one last twist when Kirton’s Kurt West popped up with a crucial winner - a 25-yard screamer into the top corner in the final moments of the game.

Spilsby Town went back to the top of the table while Wyberton Reserves were pre-occupied in the Fishtoft Cup semi-final.

Town’s 3-0 home win against lowly, Pointon kept them on course for the title following goals from Josh Wood, Eddie Rich and Dan Cobb.

Ruskington Rovers chalked up another three crucial points with a 2-0 home win against Skegness Town Reserves.

Goals from Matt Gorman and Sam Jackson did the damage for the home side.

Taylors Peugeot Division One

Leverton were the visitors at basement side Sutterton and they started the match in a hurry by going 3-0 up inside the first 15 minutes.

Sutterton dropped deeper and deeper as they looked to stem the flow of goals which Leverton were desperate for in order to boost their goal difference - a factor which could prove crucial in the title race.

Joe Wood and Nathan Rippin both grabbed hat-tricks while Jason Field helped himself to a brace.

Also on the scoresheet were Ben Reeson and Tom Dunworth, while the man of the match performance went to Joe Daubney who plundered six goals in a 16-0 away win.

Boston College and Friskney fought out a 2-2 draw.

Friskney’s hard earned point was gained with goals from Rob Jackson and Greg Brown while the College replied through Andy Thompson and Jamie Dawson.

Old Doningtonians gained three valuable points with a comfortable 4-0 home win against Swineshead Reserves.

Ex-Swineshead striker Chris Wing did his old team-mates no favours with a double strike while Ollie Gedney and Luke Barnett were also on target.

A scruffy and scrappy affair at Fosdyke saw the home side claim all three points against a determined Woodhall Spa United.

The beautiful game it was not and the first 45 were notable for just two things - a visiting defender was given his marching orders reducing his side to 10 men and the Woodhall striker scored an absolutely fantastic goal.

Watching a long ball drop over his shoulder, the target man hit the sweetest of volleys that ricocheted off the inside of the near post and settled in the net.

Fortunately the second half proved to be a livelier affair and Fosdyke pushed home their numerical advantage.

Skipper Luke Smith rose above a pack of players to nod home an equaliser and minute later new signing Alex Marulli De Barletta surged through the United defence to round the keeper and poke the ball in to an empty net.

At 2-1 Fosdyke looked to increase the lead - and that which didn’t take long.

The new signing was again at the centre of things with another determined run that ended with him being upended and a spot kick was awarded.

Up stepped Matthew Bates.

The Woodhall keeper managed a great save to keep the strike out but, much to his despair and Fosdyke’s relief, the referee insisted on a re-take as a visiting defender had encroached before the kick was taken.

Not one to turn down a second chance, the next penalty was despatched successfully and a two goal cushion restored.

Woodhall did snatch a very late goal to set up a nervy finale, and Ian Jack Smith was on hand to pull off a great save, but Fosyke saw out the game and clinched the points.

Taylors Ford Division Two

The big clash of the day in Division Two saw AFC Tetford come out on top of their home encounter against Sibsey.

Eighteen-year old Nathan Wright was Tetford’s hero on the day, striking a hat-trick while Callum Cheetham also got on the scoresheet.

Railway Atheltic continue to play catch-up with their games in hand, and a 7-1 home win against Park United gave their rivals a short, sharp reminder that they are going to be joint favourites for promotion.

Danny Woods (two), Jack Carter, Jak Stephenson, Luke Wilson, Steve Appleby and Curtis Yeatman hit the goals for The Railway.

Coningsby Reserves had a fine 3-2 away win at Eastern European FC with goals from Sean Taylor, Jamie Todd and Mitchell Ablard.

The home side went close to salvaging some reward with goals from Tomas Ragelis and Piotr Puchala.

FC Kirton enjoyed a 3-1 home win against Fishtoft Reserves with goals from Mitch Bradley, Josh Brason and an own goal.

Holbeach Bank scored twice at home against Billinghay Reserves through Garth Baxter and Stuart Stephens, but it wasn’t enough to gain any reward as they went down 4-2.

The Bank came up against Billinghay striker Adam Underwood-Harley, who was on top form netting a fine hat-trick while Reece Maidens completed the scoring.

Mareham United were minus four key players for their home game against Pointon Reserves and they fell to a 3-0 defeat.

The basement side did have a couple of decent chances in the second half but they failed to find the net and Pointon ran out comfortable winners with goals from Shane George, Chris Barnes and Tom Wickens.

Taylors Vauxhall Division Three

Northgate Olympic dealt a blow to Spilsby Reserves’ promotion aspirations when they recorded a hard-fought 2-1 home win.

Julian Bicknell and Gareth Tomlinson grabbed the all-important goals for the Sleaford side while Matt Upton replied for the visitors.

Luke Ingamells hit two goals for FC Hammers in their 5-1 home win against Boston Athletic.

Kristian Taylor, Reece Snade and Scott Bates were also on target for the Hammers.

Pointon A and Spalding Harriers shared the spoils following their 2-2 draw.

Gary Handley and Charles Good grabbed the Pointon goals while Addo Isaac and Steve Davies replied the Harriers.

Boston Titans were missing the goal-scoring magic of striker Matt Howden when they entertained Benington Reserves, and they fell to a 2-0 defeat.

Benington’s goals came from Dean Stevens and Danny Gatenby

Leverton Reserves played hosts to Old Doningtonians and they did start the stronger of the sides with the majority of possession, but Old Dons were the ones to take the lead when a long ball beat the defence and Brandon Harker finished in style.

Soon after a well taken penalty from Harker doubled their lead after Lewis Higgins had been fouled in the box, and this left the home side with an uphill battle.

Leverton showed no great signs of fight and a poorly-defended third goal just before half time further added to their misery - Danny Goodacre the scorer.

Old Dons started the second half in the same manner as before, capitalising on the home side’s poor showing to score their fourth within minutes of the kick-off when Lewis Higgins scrambled the ball home.

Leverton finally started to show some signs of life but it was too little too late and hitting the post was the closest they came to a goal.

Dons rounded off their deserved thrashing with a fifth goal minutes before full time when Andy Barnett created an opening for Lewis Higgins to net his second goal of the game.

SHS Allium Fishtoft Cup

Old Leake forced Wyberton Reserves into extra time before eventually going down 5-2 in a wind-assisted cup tie.

Wyberton took full advantage of the strong back-wind during the first half and they stormed into a 2-0 lead before Ash Jackson got his side back into the game when he turned in an Adam Tempest free-kick just before the break.

Old Leake pushed hard for an equaliser in the second half although Wyberton still looked dangerous on the counter-attack.

Just when it looked like Leake were going out in normal time, Scott Mackay pounced with a fierce header with five minutes remaining.

Wyberton proved more deadly in front of goal during the extra time period and they soon edged back in front within two minutes of the restart following a corner.

Old Leake couldn’t raise their game anymore and Wyberton struck twice more in the second period of extra time to seal victory.

Benington will meet Wyberton Reserves in a repeat of last year’s Fishtoft Cup final.

The holders defeated Premier Division champions Swineshead in Saturday’s semi-final courtesy of two second half goals.

After failing to make the most of having the strong wind in their favour in the opening period, Benington produced an excellent display against the elements in the second half to maintain their grip on the trophy.

Tim Bell converted from close range midway through the second period to put Benington ahead after a strong surging run and cross from brother Gavin.

Matthew Howard then confidently converted a late penalty after Tim Bell had been felled in the box to make the final score 2-0.