The picturesque village of South Elkington, near Louth, will host the grand finale of the 14th annual Lincolnshire Wolds Walking Festival this Sunday (June 3).
The 16-day festival, hosted by Heritage Lincolnshire in partnership with the Lincolnshire Wolds Countryside Service, will conclude with a family-friendly event featuring music, walks and refreshments.The programme of walks on offer during the day will include:
• A 3-mile walk out to South Elkington from Hubbards Hills;
• A 5-mile walk in the woods around South Elkington;
• A 1.5-mile village walk which will give walkers the chance to discover the beauty and history of South Elkington;
• An 8.6-mile ‘leg stretcher’ across medieval villages and hidden hamlets;
• A 3-mile valley woods and stream walk;
• A 4.5-mile ‘back to the car’ walk for those who have parked at Hubbards Hills.
Festival co-ordinator Natalie Lunt said: “Pull on your walking boots and come join us for a fun packed day!”
Visit www.woldswalkingfestival.co.uk for details.