Man engulfed by flames in Horncastle

Lincs Fire and Rescue News.
Lincs Fire and Rescue News.

A man is in hospital with burn injuries after his clothing caught fire in Horncastle last night.

Firefighters from the town and Horncastle and Woodhall Spa were called to a house in Boston Road at about 10.30pm after a man had split fuel on his trousers.

The fuel then ignited from the heat of a bonfire nearby and despite the man’s efforts to smother himself, he suffered burns to his legs and hands.

Fire crews gave the man first aid before he was taken to hospital by ambulance.