Fire at West Ashby Stores - 1992

No Caption ABCDE EMN-151021-122609001
No Caption ABCDE EMN-151021-122609001

Does anyone remember the fire that gutted West Ashby Stores in 1992?

Thought at the time to be caused by an electric fire fault, the blaze had gutted the store sadly within minutes, despite the best efforts from the local fire service, who were praised for coming as quickly as they did.

The owners of the store at the tome were John and Julie Wood.

The smoke was initially seen coming out of the roof by a neighbour who alerted the emergency services at 8am.

Do you remember this village store?

Email your memories to chloe.west@jpress.co.uk.