Tattershall to make big splash
TATTERSHALL Lakes Country Park will officially open its new wakeboarding facility this weekend.
Top class displays will be staged by skilled riders from Watersports World who promise to “wow the crowds” with a series of brilliant routines, tricks and spins.
The launch takes place on Saturday from 12noon-6pm and will be sponsored by Red Bull.
Wakeboarding is one of the fastest growing extreme sports in the world and there are high hopes it will be featured in the 2020 Olympic Games.
The Tattershall facility will feature the only “Quarter Pipe” obstacle in the country.
Owners at the complex plan a series of events over the coming weeks, including taster sessions designed for beginners and children.
Planners at East Lindsey District Council gave the go-ahead for the wakeboarding development earlier this year although the scheme has been shrouded in controversy with claims the lake that will be used is home to a colony of protected great crested newts.
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west