PICTURE GALLERY: ‘Serious ammonia leak’ at Horncastle office caused by fridge

0
Have your say

Fire service personnel have recovered a fridge at the Horncastle News office today (October 15) which was the source of an ammonia leak this morning.

Three fire engines attended the scene in Church Lane, which was closed off following the emergency call at 10.10am.

Suspected ammonia leak at Horncastle News office. Photo: Bob Wayne

Suspected ammonia leak at Horncastle News office. Photo: Bob Wayne

One person was taken to hospital as a precaution.

The fridge, located on the first floor shared kitchen space, was removed by fire fighters using two breathing apparatus.

An industrial fan was used to disperse the smell, and the building is currently being ventilated.

More information as we have it...