Eye-witnesses have claimed it is lucky no-one was seriously injured after a house fire in Horncastle on Sunday afternoon.
Emergency services rushed to a semi detached house in College Park at 2.28pm amid reports of smoke and flames billowing from an upstairs window.
Fire appliances from Horncastle, Woodhall Spa, Bardney and Spilsby attended along with a hydraulic platform from Boston.
Details are still emerging but emergency services said an elderly man - who is believed to have lived at the property - required treatment from ambulance crews at the scene for slight smoke inhalation. One person who witnessed the emergency told the News: “It was lucky no-one was seriously injured
“When you see the smoke and the flames, you really do fear the worst.
“The fire crews were there pretty quickly and the man was okay after treatment.
“In fact, someone told me he left to walk his dog.”
Another resident, who did not want to be named, added: “It was the usual quite Sunday afternoon.
“We were watching TV when suddenly we heard the sirens and some people shouting.
“We wondered what had happened. At first, we thought it was a car crash but then we saw all the smoke over the houses.
“There looks to be quite a lot of damage. I don’t know who lives in the house but I think it is an elderly man.
The man was named locally as Allan Bradshaw although his identity was not confirmed by emergency services.
Apparently, Mr Bradshaw used to be employed as a school crossing patrol warden on Stanhope Road.
Police said they are not treating the fire as suspicious and it is understood it was caused by a faulty electrical item.