THREE families in the Horncastle area are today counting their blessings in the wake of the Asian tsunami disaster.
When the deadly tidal waves struck, Darren and Angela Goddard were on holiday in The Maldives, Stacey Ward and partner David Porthouse were in Sri Lanka and Sandra Burgess and her family were on Thailand's Phi Phi Island.
The shockwaves of the Boxing Day earthquake have reverberated all over the world and these three stories bring home the horror experienced by those caught up in the catastrophe.
People in the Horncastle area have already started to dig deep in their pockets to help the tsunami victims.
* The British Red Cross Society shop in Horncastle has collected 880 in donations from the public in the last week alone.
Horncastle's branch of Boots as well as HSBC, Lloyds TSB, Barclays and Natwest banks are all accepting donations to the Disasters Emergency Committee appeal and many local organizations are organising fundraising events.
* A three minute silence for the victims of the Asian earthquake disaster will be observed at noon tomorrow (Wednesday).
* Full story in Wednesday's Horncastle News.
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
- Dambusters veteran George ‘Johnny’ Johnson says he’s proudest man alive
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 7 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North west