JUBILANT Jordan Major is still celebrating after winning the British U-18 Powerlifting title at Stanhope Hall last weekend.
The Banovallum School pupil produced a top class performance to leave all his rivals in the shade, despite giving away age and experience.
Fellow Banovallum pupils Jake Riddel and Travis Short also finished in the top six in a long list of strong performances by host club Horncastle.
Sue Giles and Ted Byrne were among the local competitors who also won titles in two days of competition which attracted 140 powerlifters.
Organiser Marc Giles said: “It was a fantastic weekend and it couldn’t have gone better. It was great to see Jordan win the national title and he really is an exciting prospect.
“There were some other terrific performances. The whole place was packed and I wouldn’t think there was a spare room in any of the hotels and B&B’s round here.”
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west