Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue in safety advice after chimney blaze near Skegness

Firefighters are reminding residents about chimney safety after a fire near Skegness.

Crews from Skegness were called to a blaze in Low Road, Croft at 11.24am today (Saturday, November 21).

Firefighters say there was fire damage to the contents of a wood burning stove and the inside of a chimney.

The fire was extinguished using one hose reel, one short extension ladder, one roof ladder and a thermal imaging camera.

The blaze was caused by a blocked flue.

In a statement on Twitter, firefighter said: “Remember - have your chimney swept at least once a year.”

More advice is available at lincolnshire.gov.uk/lincolnshire-fire-and-rescue/safety/home-safety/chimney-fire-safety/119916.article