POLICE are appealing for information after the Cairn in Belchford was vandalised.
The Cairn, situated at the Main Road and Fulletby Road junction in the village, has had brown paint poured on it.
Children from St. Lawrence School, Belchford, built the Cairn in 2009 out of flint and stone found in fields around the village.
Inside the Cairn is a time capsule including the names of the children who helped build it and a piece of iron work.
PCSO Martin Clough said: “We believe this vandalism occurred on the day of the Belchford Downhill Race, Sunday September 16, between the hours of 12pm and 3pm.
“This is the second time in recent months that the Cairn has been attacked this way.”
If anyone has any information regarding this incident call 101 quoting incident number 97.
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west