RESIDENTS in Horncastle will be offered a potential financial lifeline next week with the opening of branch of the Lincolnshire Credit Union, based at Stanhope Hall.
The Credit Union (Linc Up) gives people without a bank account a chance to save and take out a low interest loan - without having to turn to loan sharks who often charge massive interest rates.
The Stanhope Hall branch will be opened by Lincolnshire County Councillor Hugo Marfleet who is executive councillor to council leader Martin Hall.
The Credit Union is owned and run by its members and is open to people who live and work within Lincolnshire.
It provides a platform for members to save small regular amounts. It also features a Christmas Savings Club and a Junior Savers scheme.
Members can apply for loans as soon as they join and acceptance is based on the ability to repay, rather than previous credit histories.
Free loan assurance is also available.
The launch will take place on Thursday, August 23 at 10am.
Anyone joining the scheme will receive a free gift while volunteers will be on hand to explain the various benefits.
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 12 mph
Wind direction: North west