For the first time in its history, Lincolnshire County Council has frozen its share of the council tax for the third consecutive year,
The decision came as the authority set its budget for 2013/14 at today’s meeting of the full council.
In doing so, councillors again pledged to protect essential services, find sensible efficiencies and invest wisely for the future.
Councillor Kelly Smith, Executive Member for Finance and Human Resources, said: “This is a difficult time for everyone financially, and we feel it’s important to do all we can to make life easier for our residents.
“That’s why we decided to take the unprecedented step of freezing our share of the council tax for the third year running.”
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west