Thorpe Camp set to welcome riders later this month
THORPE Camp Visitor Centre will be the finish line for cyclists who complete a 74-mile ride in aid of the RAF Benevolent Fund.
The event will be held on September 30 and the route will take in seven former RAF stations including Manby, Waltham, Kelstern, Binbrook, Ludford and Wickenby, before arriving at Thorpe Camp at 3pm.
The Benevolent Fund is the RAF’s leading welfare charity and provides financial, practical and emotional support for service personnel and their families.
Anyone who wants to sponsor riders taking part in the charity event should visit www.justgiving.com/Base2Base2012
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
- Emotional return for airmen to RAF Coningsby
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- OFFER: Free Sunglasses at Original Factory Shop in Spilsby, Mablethorpe and Horncastle
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North