Still time to take part in Tennyson 8 cross country
ENTRIES are still being accepted for one of the area’s most demanding races, the “Tennyson 8”.
The event will take place on Sunday, September 16 and runners will complete a multi terrain course.
It is the second year the race has been held and was set up by building contractor Paul Jackson and ground worker Mick Dean to raise money for charity,
In 2011, more than £250 was raised for epilepsy while this year, the money will go to LIVES and First Responders.
The route is through the heart of the Wolds with runners taking in the village of Somersby, the birthplace of Lord Alfred Tennyson.
It covers an eight mile course, mainly off road on public footpaths and starts and finishes at the George and Dragon public house in Hagworthingham.
Details are available from the “Tennyson 8” Facebook page - firstname.lastname@example.org - which includes an entry form. A limited number of entries will be accepted on the day.
If anyone is interested in marshalling, or helping out, they should contact Paul on 07810 408000 or Mick on 07765 928278 or e-mail email@example.com
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Sunday 26 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 7 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 21 mph
Wind direction: South west