Film club’s Hong Kong thriller
A stylish and sprightly thriller from Hong Kong will be shown by Louth Film Club on Monday, January 21 in the Playhouse Cinema’s newly-refurbished Screen 2.
Directed by Johnnie To, Sparrow tells the story of a beautiful woman sent to spy on a group of pickpockets by her ageing gangster boss, who thinks they are trespassing on his territory.
Sparrow, in Cantonese and Mandarin with subtitles, is Certificate 12.
The show starts at 7.30pm and non-members are welcome, paying the normal cinema ticket prices.
The club’s new programme of films, for February to January 2014, is available, free, from Off The Beaten Tracks record shop at 36 Aswell Street, Louth, where you can also join the club, or from Louth Library and the Tourist Information Office.
Programmes and membership forms can also be picked up at the Playhouse Cinema.
- UPDATED BREAKING NEWS: RAF Coningsby jets scrambled to help with Pakistani passenger plane incident - two arrests made
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- BREAKING NEWS: Lorry leaves B1191 between Horncastle and Woodhall Spa
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Saturday 25 May 2013
Temperature: 6 C to 15 C
Wind Speed: 13 mph
Wind direction: North
Temperature: 6 C to 18 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North west