A WOODHALL Spa couple really have hit on the recipe for long-term success.
Jack and Jane Norman are celebrating their platinum wedding anniversary after 70 years together.
Their big day was made even more special when they received a telegram of congratulations from the Queen.
The couple were married in 1942 when petrol was threepence a gallon, potatoes sixpence a half stone and Bing Crosby’s smash song White Christmas was a festive hit.
When they first met, Mr Norman was serving in the RAF with 952 Squadron and Mrs Norman was working at a military telephone exchange.
They were married on June 26 in the Dockyard Church on the Isle of Sheppey.
After the war, they settled in Essex and lived there for many years until Jack retired from the Ford motor company in Dagenham.
They moved to Woodhall Spa and celebrated their anniversary with a party at Eastwood Lodge Care Home where Mrs Norman is a resident.
Pictured above: The happy couple today and right, on their wedding day in 1942.
- CRICKET: Sri Lankan stars impress for Woodhall Spa - at the double
- Motorist fined for speeding offence
- VIDEO: WOOLWICH MURDER INVESTIGATION: Police raid Lincolnshire home
- Emotional return for airmen to RAF Coningsby
- OFFER: Free Sunglasses at Original Factory Shop in Spilsby, Mablethorpe and Horncastle
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Horncastle
Thursday 23 May 2013
Temperature: 5 C to 9 C
Wind Speed: 26 mph
Wind direction: North west
Temperature: 5 C to 10 C
Wind Speed: 31 mph
Wind direction: North